Financial and Tax Accountant
Salary AUD90 - AUD110,000 per annum
Location Sydney CBDFULL_TIME
Consultant Vikram Sharma
Date posted 24 June 20192019-06-24 2019-07-24 accountancy Sydney CBD New South Wales AU 2000 AUD 90 110000 110000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.au https://www.robertwalters.com.au/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
A premier brand in their field, this professional services firm is known as one of the big six. Based in Sydney CBD, the selected Financial Accountant will need to be resilient, able to handle tight deadlines and have a proactive nature. Development and progression is key focus of the company and line managers alike.
The Financial and Tax Accountant will be responsible for:
• Working closely with the Financial and Tax Accounting Manager to assist with the preparation and review of cyclical tax obligations (FBT, Payroll Tax, Tax Returns, BAS, etc.)
• Assisting with statutory requirements, submissions and audits
• Assisting with the preparation of half year and yearly accounts
• Preparing, reviewing and collating reconciliations
• Preparing, reviewing and processing accounting journals
• Maintaining and understanding the fixed asset register, leasing schedules and journals
• Preparing and reconciling the Partner draw every second month
• Maintaining the financial aspect of salary packaging within the Firm (motor vehicles, car parking and Qantas club)
• Assisting with treasury responsibilities on an ad hoc basis
• Assisting with various projects that improve processes and accuracy
• Ad hoc duties - includes answering queries, analysis of costs, liaising with key staff, reports, etc.
The ideal candidate will have the following experience:
• Completed your Accounting Degree and CPA/CA.
• Advanced to intermediate Excel and general computer skills are essential such as Word, Power Point, etc.
• Work experience in a legal or other professional services firm or Partnership desirable but not essential with prior accounting experience.
• Strong understanding of accounting and business principals essential.
• Prioritising of allocated task with proven ability to work independently.
• Clear and concise verbal and written communication
• The ability to work in a team and to ask questions when in doubt
To apply please click apply or call Vikram Sharma on +61 2 82893186 for a confidential discussion.