Senior Financial Accountant - APAC
Salary AUD110,000 - AUD130,000 per annum
Location Sydney CBDFULL_TIME
Consultant Vikram Sharma
Date posted 24 June 20192019-06-24 2019-07-24 accountancy Sydney CBD New South Wales AU 2000 AUD 110000 130000 130000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.au https://www.robertwalters.com.au/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
APAC is the fastest growing region of this internationally listed and recognised business. The successful Senior Financial Accountant will have at least 5 years of post-qualified experience within a listed company, whilst having exposure to financial accounting, tax, treasury and month-end. There will be opportunity to grow within the organisation and develop yourself professionally.
The Senior Financial Accountant will be responsible for:
• Month end duties including the preparation of journals, currency revaluations, overhead rate variances and preparation of relevant balance sheet account reconciliations
• Reconcile and post revenue for all APAC companies
• Preparation of the various APAC regional monthly financial statements / reporting for submission to Corporate Group Head Office in accordance with monthly and quarterly reporting timetables
• Prepare and monitor weekly cash flow forecasting for Australian entities and recommend cash transfers / funding as required
• Perform foreign currency calculations and revaluations and prepare all Treasury accounting entries including hedge accounting.
• Perform Quarterly Hedge Effectiveness calculations for major foreign currency projects
• Assist with the preparation of Income Tax and Fringe Benefit tax returns
• Preparation of various APAC entity statutory annual financial statements in accordance with IFRS accounting standards
• Preparation, submission and reconciliation of monthly BAS returns.
• Preparation of relevant government surveys
• Preparation of state Workers compensation wages declarations
• Preparation of cash flow and balance sheet annual budgets and quarterly forecasts.
• Coordinate intercompany transaction processing, confirmation and settlement including review of accuracy of intercompany charges
• Assist with the development of the Australia General Ledger for the Financial Reporting needs of the business
• Supporting operational staff to improve their knowledge of finance and financial control
• Support Internal Audit & External Audit requests
The successfully candidate will:
• Be a Qualified Accountant (CPA/CA)
• Bachelor degree from a tertiary institution with Accounting as the major area of study
• Minimum of 5 years post qualified experience in commerce/industry
• Proficient in large ERP accounting systems
• Computer literate skills including advanced Excel skills
• Experience in IFRS statutory financial reporting
• Knowledge of APAC regional income tax, GST and Fringe Benefits Tax compliance
• Experience of mentoring and training other team members
• Proficient in SAP ERP accounting system
To apply please click apply or call Vikram Sharma on +61 2 82893186 for a confidential discussion.