Salary AUD83,270 - AUD92,400 per annum + 17% Super
Location Bedford ParkFULL_TIME
Consultant Jessica Gouscos
Date posted 1 July 20192019-07-01 2019-07-31 accountancy Bedford Park South Australia Sturt Road, Bedford Park AU 5042 AUD 83270 92400 92400 YEAR Flinders University http://www.flinders.edu.au https://www.robertwalters.com.au/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/client-job-logos/Flinders university .gif
With open spaces, a natural environment and stunning Adelaide views, from the hills to the sea, the office location provides a unique and motivating working environment. Primarily situated at the main campus of Bedford Park, the Financial Accountant has day to day interaction with University life and will contribute to Flinders’ role in furthering education, research and innovation to South Australia.
This role has been created due to the natural growth of the Finance Team and therefore will play an integral supportive role within the Finance and Procurement team, reporting to the Associate Director, Financial Accounting. This is a great opportunity for an enthusiastic professional to be involved in the finance function for Flinders University with the key purpose of providing support in the following:
- Preparation of the University Annual Financial Statements and Subsidiary Financial Statements.
- Assisting with the administration of research grants, contracts, consulting funds and preparation of the financial reports and acquittals.
- Assisting in the management of all external and internal audits.
- Providing high quality and effective financial analysis/commentary, as required, on financial information extracted from the general ledger/financial systems.
- Performing account reconciliations and ensuring all general ledger account reconciliations are accurate and completed on a timely basis.
- Experience and confidence with stakeholder engagement and management.
- Strong communication skills, the ability to collaborate with a broad range of colleagues beyond the finance function.
- The ability to flexibly work across a range of situations and to apply different strategies as deemed necessary.
- 3 years experience post-graduation from a relevant tertiary accounting qualification and CPA/CA qualification or equivalent.
- Demonstrable experience in in MS Excel.
- Extensive knowledge of Australian finance related standards and legislation.
- Experience in treasury accounting is desired.
To apply please click apply or call Jessica Gouscos on +61 8 82163555 for a confidential discussion.