Salary AUD120,000 - AUD150,000 per annum
Consultant Cayne Hyde
Date posted 22 August 20192019-08-22 2019-09-21 accountancy Brisbane Queensland AU AUD 120000 150000 150000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.au https://www.robertwalters.com.au/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
We are currently recruiting for an experienced Senior Accountant to join a market leading construction organisation in Brisbane's western suburbs. This opportunity will see the successful candidate join a motivated and high achieving team with the potential for future promotion and career development. The organisation has been a key player in the QLD market for a number of years and has a solid client base with a large number of future projects in the pipeline.
- The successful candidate will work closely with the Finance Manager to ensure the accurate and timely completion of various senior financial accounting duties including; journal preparation, GL reconciliations, month end tasks and Executive/Board monthly reporting.
- You will be able to identify process improvement opportunities within Finance as major projects progress.
- You will need to be able to undertake various complex accounting tasks including financial instrument accounting and debt covenant calculations etc.
- Ensure monthly financial reporting is in line with the group’s reporting timetable and that the reports presented are accurate and in accordance with group policies and accounting standards and that group reporting includes variance analysis and explanations.
- Undertake revenue management including ensuring compliance with contract terms in so far as this impacts finance; work with operations to ensure timely and accurate compilation of monthly invoices, timely and accurate integration to finance system and timely collection of outstanding invoices.
- Ensure tax compliance, including preparation and lodgement of BAS and IAS Returns, together with annual Fringe Benefits Tax Return and Company Tax Return (for submission to tax advisers).
- Preparation and lodgement of statutory reporting.
- Minimum 5 years Financial Accounting experience
- Prior experience working within the construction industry will be highly desirable
- Proven track record of working closely with commercial teams to provide support and detailed analysis to help drive business growth.
- Prior experience in a Project Accounting environment with a strong understanding of allocation of costs and tracking projects through phases.
- CA/CPA/CIMA qualified
To apply please click apply or call Cayne Hyde on +61 7 3032 2212 for a confidential discussion.