Senior Financial Accountant | ASX Listed Energy
Salary AUD120,000 - AUD130,000 per annum + Bonus
Location Melbourne CBDFULL_TIME
Consultant Ben Ryan
Date posted 31 October 20192019-10-31 2019-11-30 accountancy Melbourne CBD Victoria AU AUD 120000 130000 130000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.au https://www.robertwalters.com.au/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
Play a key part in the financial accounting and reporting requirements of the group as well as providing financial analysis against budget/forecast to ensure in-depth understanding of the business performance. Previous hedging/derivative experience within the energy industry will be key to this role.
- Deliver all derivative accounting and reporting in accordance with accounting standards.
- Complete detailed disclosure packs and sensitivity analysis for the external market reporting.
- Work collaboratively with IT to drive Derivative Accounting system improvements to deliver automation to comply with external reporting requirements.
- Develop models/improvements on contracts valuations in accordance with the relevant accounting standards and manage all audits in derivative accounting.
- Work collaboratively with the FP&A team to deliver timely, accurate, high quality financial and management reporting.
- Add value by pro-actively bringing to management attention areas of potential financial opportunities and risks.
- Demonstrate strong technical accounting skills and knowledge of Financial instruments and financial controls.
- Relevant accounting experience in Energy Industry.
- Advanced Excel skills is a must.
- Hedging/Derivative experience from an energy perspective is essential.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Proven & strong financial modelling skills.
To apply please click apply or call Ben Ryan on +61 3 86282253 for a confidential discussion.