Retail Commercial Analyst
Salary AUD75000 - AUD90000 per annum + Super
Location Sydney CBD
Consultant Richard Townsend
Date posted 3 February 2017
If you are looking to join one of Australia's most iconic retail groups then this opportunity could be for you. The business is growing from strength to strength year on year with several stores opened last year and plans in place to open more this year.
One of the joys of being in a business of this size is that you will be exposed to a large number of people and will learn and develop due to the number of talented people around you. From day one you will also be expected to interact with the senior stakeholders and provide them with insight in to the business, as well as using your analytical and persuasive skills to influence them.
In this retail commercial analyst role you will look after one particular brand and will have the following responsibilities:
- Preparation of the monthly P&L for retail stores
- Reviewing daily, weekly and monthly sales data to look for opportunities to increase revenue
- Assist in the preparation of annual budgets and quarterly re-forecasts
- Inventory accounting including maintaining the inventory file
- Business partnering with business unit heads to help them understand their business
- providing coaching and mentoring to junior members of staff
The ideal candidate for this role will have the following attributes:
- University educated with a relevant degree
- CA or CPA qualified
- Must have experience of working in a large retail business, with a turnover of more than $100m
- Must have experience of managing multiple P&Ls
- Excellent experience with the month end close process
- Strong communication skills are compulsory as there is a large amount of business partnering in this role and you must be able to influence stakeholders
This role will provide you with a strong platform to develop your career in retail. It will also give you the opportunity to learn more about the industry and challenge yourself in a new environment.
To apply please click apply or call Richard Townsend on 02 8289 3182 for a confidential discussion