Jr Finance Analyst
Salary AUD35 - AUD40 per hour
Consultant Ben Wilkie Smith
Date posted 14 February 2019 2019-02-142019-03-15 accountancy Bundoora Victoria AU AUD 35 40 40 HOUR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.au
Reporting to Finance Manager of the team, this position will provide support across the division with day to day operational requirements, initiation and delivery of small Finance projects geared towards enhancing the customer experience across the business whilst driving compliance. It is ideally suited to an Assistant Accountant or part-qualified accountant who is skilled in using Excel, working in a project driven environment and who good baseline financial knowledge across analysis and reporting.
- Perform day to day operational tasks and be responsible in meeting month/year end reporting and reconciliation requirements ensuring compliance, across the division
- Accountability for coordinating and delivering audit requests
- Reporting to the Finance Manager, this position will provide support across the division with day to day operational requirements, initiation and delivery of small Finance projects geared towards enhancing the customer experience across the business whilst driving compliance
- Acts as a mentor/coach to colleagues to support their professional development.
- Liaise with internal and external stakeholders and put forward recommendations to meet mutual needs and operational requirements, in conjunction with Senior Management.
- Project manage activities to facilitate service/operational changes in their area of activity.
- A relevant degree with subsequent relevant experience to consolidate the theories and principles learned, or an equivalent alternate combination of relevant knowledge, training and/or experience.
- Membership of Certified Practising Accountant (CPA); or Institute of Chartered Accountants in Australia (ICAA); or equivalent or willingness to progress towards completion of relevant Accreditation.
- Demonstrated ability to gain a conceptual understanding of relevant policies, procedures or systems and interpretation in the application of policy and/or precedent.
- Ability to innovate and take responsibility for outcomes.
- Demonstrated ability to set priorities and monitor workflows within own area of responsibility.
- Proven analytical, problem solving capability and high level of attention to detail.
- Proven communication and interpersonal skills
To apply please click apply or call Ben Wilkie Smith on 03 8628 2289 for a confidential discussion.