Salary AUD140000 - AUD160000 per annum
Location North Sydney
Consultant Shaun Dewar
Date posted 1 December 2016
The Business: This UK Listed Media & Advertising Organisation, with a global presence across over 30 countries and offices in Sydney are now seeking a Financial Controller. With a reputable, well regarded name in the market this is a fantastic opportunity to join the team as they are about to launch a new product to market.
The Financial Controller will directly report into the Managing Director Australia and the Global CFO. This role will have responsibility for all financial areas of the company’s regional activities including management of financial/management accounting, reviewing contract negotiations, and providing commercial acumen to the their projects. This role will be responsible for leading and mentoring the ANZ finance team, to be a true business partner to the management team to continue to drive profitable growth through these markets.
This role's purpose will be to provide hands-on financial control and financial reporting across ANZ. This role will play a key part in driving ongoing process improvement initiatives and finance transformation.
The Financial Controller's responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Manage & mentor a team of 5, across corporate and commercial finance
- Ensure effective coaching and mentoring of direct reports and ensure everyone in team has up-to-date PD’s Performance Outcome Plans and Development plans
- Management of all financial reporting including: production of accurate, useful and timely monthly management reports, with commentaries.
- Maintain close interaction with the MD, providing financial advice, as required, including accounting, financing, capital expenditure and risk management
- Preparation of the weekly/monthly sales reporting and analytics presentations to support local sales teams
- Preparation of the annual financial statements and ensuring statutory compliance
- In conjunction with the Global Financial Controller and local advisors, manage the local market tax exposure and ensure the ANZ group maintains a tax efficient structure.
The Financial Controller will be able to demonstrate superior communication skills and the ability to liaise with non-finance professionals. In addition the role holder must be able to satisfy the following criteria:
- CA/CPA qualified
- Approximately 5-7 years experience within a similar role
- Strong leadership and mentoring skills
- Outstanding Interpersonal skills
- Advanced Excel/modelling skills
What's on offer?
In this highly visible position, the Financial Controller will have access to senior stakeholders within the business and have the opportunity to grow alongside the company. In addition this role offers:
- An Excellent Salary package inclusive of Base, Superannuation and bonus
- Exceptional culture and team performance
- International opportunities
- Ongoing training and career diversity
To apply please click apply or call Shaun Dewar on 02 8423 1007 for a confidential discussion.