Salary AUD130000 - AUD170000 per annum + Super
Location Inner Suburbs Perth
Consultant Jack Cole
Date posted 27 January 2017
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a growing International business with operations based out of their head office in Subiaco. CANNA is looking to grow their operations into new international markets and also strengthen their reporting in Australia and hence are looking for a highly Commercial Financial Controller to join the team.
CANNA Australia is a global leader in the research and production of nutrients and growing agents for the horticulture markets. The unique business structure allows them to be across every part of the supply chain cycle from research, manufacturing and distribution. The award winning organisation has a reputation in the market that allows them to partner with some of the largest retail companies globally and maintain their market leading position locally. With a unique business model, CANNA is in an enviable position to expand their operations globally in 2017 and beyond.
Due to a major contract win CANNA is now looking to expand its operations across the globe and they are looking for a highly Commercial Financial Controller to help them manage this growth into 2017 and beyond.
Reporting directly into the Managing Director you will be responsible for the following tasks:
• Set up the in-house accounting function from scratch including new processes and procedures
• Assist the team with improvements to their accounting systems and provide new upgrades and improvements where possible
• Work with the Managing Director to open new Branches in Holland and the USA
• Manage a small accounting team providing training and support
• Work with the Operational Managers to set budgets and forecasts with detailed dashboard reporting for the separate divisions
• Manage all of the statutory accounting for the group including the tax accounting and associated reporting requirements for a Private Company
• Review tenders and contracts with existing suppliers and assist the Managing Director with improving the commercial workings of the business
• Provide in depth analysis on the Supply Chain and Manufacturing divisions within the business and come up with new business plans focusing on cost savings and efficiency
• Oversee the AP, AR and Payroll functions at CANNA Australia
• Ad-hoc analysis as required by the Managing Director
• You will be CPA or CA qualified and have a number of years experience working in a similar role
• Experience working within the Retail, Agriculture or Logistics/Supply Chain sector will be favourable
• You must have had some experience working within the SME sector and ideally you will have experience setting up overseas operations
• Candidates who have set up a finance function from scratch will be highly sought after and you must be willing to be hands on
• Proven examples of value add accounting and the ability to influence stakeholders and cut costs will be required to be the successful applicant
• Strong stakeholder engagement skills are a must have skill
• Outstanding systems and Excel skills are also required for this role
This is a rare and highly exciting role where you can really make your mark on this successful and world renowned business. CANNA are experiencing an exciting period of growth and you will be at the coal face of this growth, making business critical decisions and shaping CANNA's future. Alongside this outstanding opportunity you will be working in modern offices based in Subiaco with parking included. The successful candidate will be offered a competitive salary and will be rewarded as the company develops and grows. This role will offer both international and national travel and this is a great opportunity to travel the world and set up new entities for CANNA.
To apply please click apply or call Jack Cole on 08 9266 0923 for a confidential discussion.