Salary AUD150,000 - AUD170,000 per annum
Consultant Adam Mills
JobRef DBX - 556170
Date posted 21 February 20181 Farrer place Sydney 2000 Robert Walters Australia
An exciting opportunity for an experienced Financial Controller to join a well respected, leader in their field. Reporting to the CFO and managing a small finance team, the Financial Controller will drive the change for the organisation.
The company are experiencing significant growth across all areas of their business and see this continuing for the foreseeable future. This role will directly report into the CFO.
- Contribute to organisational strategy as a key member of the senior management team
- Provide objective viewpoint on financial performance across all regions that supports operational decision making
- Complete all statutory returns, including annual reports, tax and audit compliance
- Administer and maintain the fixed asset register
- Review and ensure adequacy of financial controls
- Ensure all month end procedures are completed on time and to a high standard
- Prepare monthly management accounts on time with full commentary and analysis
- Assist with preparation of operational and capital budgets
- Assist senior management and operational managers where required
- Develop and manage all aspects and systems relating to cost tracking and financial management
- Assist with all aspects of bids, tenders and contracts
- Provide a high level of advice to Senior Managers on accounting issues
- Manage, coach and develop the finance team
- Materially support information technology, strategy, real estate and strategic M&A
- Responsible for treasury management and daily cash management
- Company secretarial duties
- CA/CPA qualified
- Proven experience of supporting operational and senior management at all levels
- Strong technical background with exceptional commercial and business partnering experience in most recent roles
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent communication, negotiation and interpersonal skills for liaising with internal and external stakeholders
- Pro-active, motivated and enthusiastic manner with a drive for continuous improvement and self development
- High level organisational skills and the ability to multi-task in a fast moving, evolving environment
- Advanced computing skills and knowledge of large financial reporting packages
- Hands on approach with a high attention to detail with a passion for getting things right the first time
This is an excellent role to work with an energetic and ambitious executive team and contribute to the growth of the business whilst progressing your own career.
To apply please click apply or call Adam Mills on 02 8836 3604 for a confidential discussion.