Salary AUD90 - AUD97 per hour + super
Location Canberra CBDCONTRACTOR
Consultant Sarah Dow
Date posted 14 September 2018 2018-09-142018-10-14 accountancy 1 Farrer place Sydney 2000 Robert Walters Australia
A short term contract role working for a technology company as a Financial Controller.
- Manage all accounting, commercial and financial operations
- Oversee the monthly, quarterly and year-end financial close process (journal entries, balance sheet reconciliations, and overall maintenance of the general ledger)
- Review/coordinate all local taxation requirements for Australia (BAS, FBT)
- Treasury management
- Maintain and implement systems, policies & procedures to facilitate internal financial control.
- Manage the company’s cash flow and the cash flow forecasting process
- Oversee and help direct automation of the preparation of statutory reporting, financial reporting and other administrative functions
- Lead the budgeting and forecasting process and present the results to the executive team
- Business partner across the global organisation with the Sales, Operations, Technology and Commercial departments to better understand their financial position, and to maximise revenue and minimise costs
- Provide insight into profit analysis, identify costs savings, process efficiency and cash management
- Negotiate sales commission schemes, sales forecasts and identify variance to budget
- Support the leadership team in all key decisions with relevant analysis and commentary
- CA/CPA Qualified
- 7 + years accounting experience within the software and technology space preferred
- An excellent knowledge of financial control and reporting frameworks, ideally with Navision
- A desire to progress quickly in a fast-growing business
- Must have the ability to concisely communicate financial information to a broad audience including senior and non-financial colleagues
- Advanced Excel skills
- Be process-driven ensuring financial and operational controls are implemented and followed.
- Have a strong work ethic and desire to help drive efficiencies and improvements in reporting and analysis
To apply please click apply or call Sarah Dow on 02 8289 3129 for a confidential discussion.