Salary AUD180,000 - AUD200,000 per annum
Location Sydney CBDCONTRACTOR
Consultant Sarah Dow
Date posted 27 September 2018 2018-09-272018-10-19 accountancy 1 Farrer place Sydney 2000 Robert Walters Australia
Reporting to the CFO this role as Financial Controller will be an integral part of the finance leadership team, you will have ownership of the operational financial. Based in the CBD, this is a 3 month temporary role.
- End to end responsibility for coordinating and reviewing month/year end close, financial control processes and operations, and the completion and submission of reporting and statutory obligations
- Produce timely, accurate and insightful reports articulating the impact on business decisions and changes on key business drivers and highlighting risks and opportunities
- Driving accounting policies and procedures across all facets including month end, FP&A, Commercial Management and operational accounting for all service offerings
- Ensuring the integrity of the Profit & Loss statement and Balance Sheet
- Provide commercial insights through analytical review of data and business drivers and performance
- Manage the preparation and presentation of financial statements, reports, ad hoc special analysis for Management and/or Board us
- Co-ordinate the annual budgeting process and ensure that the budgets are appropriately submitted and reported against
- Ensure that the following Models are appropriately maintained:
- Balance Sheet Forecast
- Cashflow Forecast
- Team management
- Ensure all audit files are prepared in accordance with the audit timetable
- Degree qualified in commerce, accounting or similar
- Professional qualifications - CA, CPA, CFA or equivalent
- Natural people leader with an ability to train, develop and lead a team
- Financial modelling experience and the ability to implement and drive projects and strategies around budget control and forecasting as well as projects to improve and implement systems and processes is also critical. Experience developing BI tools and dashboard reporting would be ideal.
- Experience within the IT industry or mid-tier accounting firm highly regarded
- Demonstrated financial and management accounting experience
To apply please click apply or call Sarah Dow on 02 8289 3129 for a confidential discussion.