Location Sydney CBDFULL_TIME
Consultant Greg Reynolds
Date posted 24 February 2019 2019-02-242019-03-26 education-and-training Sydney CBD New South Wales AU 2000 AUD 100000 120000 120000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.au
My client is a professional services firm that is listed on the NYSE. The business is now looking for a talented Group Accountant to assist in preparing financial statements through month end processes, which cover all areas outside of revenue. The month end process includes reviewing journal entries and reconciliations related to cash, prepaid expenses, fixed assets, accruals, leases and other various accounts. The Group Accountant will also own various regional and corporate deliverables including disclosure packages, analytics and cashflow statements.
- Accurate and timely review of all non-revenue related journal entries and reconciliations
- Assistance with preparation and review of supplementary monthly and quarterly deliverables including disclosure package, cash flow statements and analytical commentary
- Implementation of new accounting standards, specifically ASC 842/IFRS 16
- Develop and nurture an efficient high-performance finance team
- Manage 4 staff members along with a greater Increase efficiency in month and quarter end close timeline
- Adherence to internal control (SOX) requirements including being a control owner and maintenance of critical reports and spreadsheets
- Assistance with periodic internal and external audit requirements
- Assistance with ad hoc financial requests as required
- Identification and implementation of improvements relating to close process
- Work closely with the FP&A team to analyse and understand actuals/inform the forecast
- Minimum 2+ years of managerial experience
- CA/CPA qualified.
- Up to date and solid technical knowledge of IFRS accounting standards (preference for US GAAP exposure), account preparation and reporting & internal controls over financial reporting.
- Ability to work independently
- Excellent communication, analytical, and organisational skills
- Integrity/strong business ethics
- Hyperion (would be an advantage)
- Advanced Excel
- PeopleSoft (would be an advantage)
To apply please click apply or call Greg Reynolds on 02 8289 3103 for a confidential discussion.