Group Financial Control and Analysis
Salary AUD130,000 - AUD165,000 per annum
Location Melbourne CBDCONTRACTOR
Consultant Jonathan Walne
Date posted 10 April 20192019-04-10 2019-05-10 accountancy Melbourne CBD Victoria AU AUD 130000 165000 165000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.au
Presenting a unique opportunity for someone to join a high profile team in a large and global financial services institution. Aside from the day to day responsibilities, a large part of this position will be project based with a focus on transitioning the way the organisation reports/operates from an accounting perspective. This team has high exposure to the rest of the business and requires a strong ability to deal with a variety of stakeholders.
You must also have at least 5+ years’ experience in either Financial Control, Financial Reporting or Regulatory Reporting ideally from a financial services background, although other industries will be considered.
- Apply relevant knowledge and experience to understand, influence and advise internal and/or external clients
- Coordinate with other functions across the organisation, Return Reviewers and Return Owners to ensure that returns are fit for purpose
- Support the transition in which the organisation reports return
- Generate/Review financial reports, supporting data review and reconciliation reports
- Undertake reconciliation of financial information between the new returns, existing returns and financial systems
- Undertake data analysis, testing and validation of data and returns
- At least 5+ years’ experience in either Financial Control, Financial Reporting or Regulatory Reporting
- Excellent stakeholder management skills
- Ideally experience within financial services, although other industries will be considered
- Preferably a qualified accountant - CPA/CA or equiv.
While this is an initial 6 month contract, there is a very strong chance for the role to be made permanent or for you to move internally to another team given the high profile nature of the role. This is an excellent opportunity for somebody wishing to progress their career in an organisation that invests heavily in their employees and promotes a market leading work life balance.
To apply please click apply or call Jonathan Walne on 03 8628 2165 for a confidential discussion.