Location Sydney CBDFULL_TIME
Consultant Greg Reynolds
Date posted 17 April 20192019-04-17 2019-05-17 new-media-and-internet Sydney CBD New South Wales AU AUD 160000 185000 185000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.au
My client is one of the most recognised IT companies and is well known for being an Australian employer of choice. A rare position has became available for a talented Financial Controller to act as an integral part of the finance leadership team. The successful candidate will have ownership of the financial operations, and will lead the finance team in driving change across monthly reporting, business planning, compliance and process improvement.
- End to end responsibility for coordinating and reviewing month/year end close, financial control processes and operations, and the completion and submission of reporting and statutory obligations.
- Produce timely, accurate and insightful reports articulating the impact on business decisions and changes on key business drivers and highlighting risks and opportunities.
- Driving accounting policies and procedures across all facets including month end, FP&A, Commercial Management and operational accounting for all service offerings.
- Ensuring the integrity of the Profit & Loss statement and Balance Sheet.
- Provide commercial insights through analytical review of data and business drivers and performance.
- Manage the preparation and presentation of financial statements, reports, ad hoc special analysis for Management and/or Board use.
- Co-ordinate the annual budgeting process and ensure that the budgets are appropriately submitted and reported against.
- Ensure that the balance sheet and cash flow forecast is properly maintained.
- Ensure all audit files are prepared in accordance with the audit timetable.
- Degree qualified in commerce, accounting or similar.
- Professional qualifications - CA, CPA, CFA or equivalent.
- Natural people leader with an ability to train, develop and lead a team.
- Must have high attention to detail, be extremely organised and operational.
- Drive the projects proactively and at your own initiatives.
- Financial modelling experience and the ability to implement and drive projects and strategies around budget control and forecasting as well as projects to improve and implement systems and processes is also critical.
- Experience developing BI tools and dashboard reporting would be ideal.
- Experience within the IT industry highly regarded.
- Demonstrated financial and management accounting experience.
- Experience managing and developing a team.
To apply please click apply or call Greg Reynolds on 02 8289 3103 for a confidential discussion.