Financial Controller - Banking
Salary AUD160,000 - AUD190,000 per annum
Location Melbourne CBDFULL_TIME
Consultant Jonathan Walne
Date posted 29 July 20192019-07-29 2019-08-28 accountancy Melbourne CBD Victoria AU AUD 160000 190000 190000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.au https://www.robertwalters.com.au/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
Rare opportunity to lead a team and take an instrumental role in reshaping the function to include risk and treasury capabilities. This is a high profile position that requires a candidate from a Financial Control banking background with proven experience managing high level relationships.
- High level partnering with Finance, Risk and Treasury personnel, regulators and internal and external audit functions
- Play a key role reshaping the function to include risk and treasury capabilities.
- Manage the preparation of capital adequacy calculations
- Prepare returns on Basel II/Basel III and Pillar 3 reporting requirements for the half yearly and annual results announcement
- Become an SME on various prudential reporting standards and returns within Group Finance
- Manage the production and review of the Major Bank Levy
- Drive process improvement and automation
- Manage other reporting requirements that are of a prudential nature.
- Strong financial control and reporting skills (prudential regulatory reporting strongly preferred)
- Qualified accountant (CA, CPA or equiv.)
- Experience driving change
- Banking background
- Leadership experience
This is an excellent opportunity for somebody wishing to progress their career in an organisation that invests heavily in their employees and is respected for promoting talent internally.
To apply please click apply or call Jonathan Walne on 03 8628 2165 for a confidential discussion.