Salary AUD140,000 - AUD150,000 per annum + super
Location Sydney CBDFULL_TIME
Consultant Sarah Dow
Date posted 1 September 20192019-09-01 2019-10-01 science-and-research Sydney CBD New South Wales AU AUD 140000 150000 150000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.au https://www.robertwalters.com.au/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
My client is an ASX listed technology company that is further making its mark in Australia and beginning to dominate other geographies including Asia and USA. The organisation is now looking for a talented Financial Controller to ensure that financial reporting, tax returns, half-year and full year accounts, audits and all others statutory requirements are completed accurately and on time.
- Day to day management of the company's accounts, including regular consolidation of company accounts.
- Supervision of accounts receivable and ensuring debts are collected on a timely basis.
- Preparing supplier and payroll payments for approval and maintaining leave records; ensure that expense approval processes are strictly followed.
- Reconciling all balance sheet accounts, including bank accounts, credit card accounts and cash card accounts reconciliations.
- Track and maintain manufacturing costs and inventory records.
- Preparation of statutory documents and reports including monthly management reports, quarterly, half-yearly and annual reporting requirements and monthly board reports.
- Oversee the maintenance of proper financial reports and ensure that these records accurately reflect the company's business.
- Responsibility of half yearly and annual audit, manage audit process and annual reporting to the capital markets (including appendix 4C, 4D/4E).
- Ensure all compliance with tax laws including BAS lodgement and preparation of annual corporate tax return and R&D tax incentive claim.
- Preparation of budgets and forecasts for the CEO and Board of Directors.
- Investigate and improve accounting and operational procedures if requires and maintain efficient filing systems, both manual and electronic.
- Risk managements: Evaluate company risk profile and implement risk mitigation measures; ensure appropriate insurance coverage for company activities.
- ASIC and ASX compliance: Be the key resource on the management team for corporate and securities issues; assist the company secretary as required with the preparation and lodgement of timely filings and company announcements; assure compliance with corporate governance best practices.
- Any additional services or requirements as directed by the CEO.
- CA or CPA qualified.
- At least 5 years experience at Financial Controller level.
- Understanding of accounting standards and application of the same in the statutory accounts.
- Natural people leader with an ability to train, develop and lead a team
- Must have high attention to detail, be extremely organised and operational
- Drive the projects proactively and at your own initiative
To apply please click apply or call Sarah Dow on 02 8289 3129 for a confidential discussion.