Location Brisbane CBDFULL_TIME
Consultant Hamish Winterbourn
Date posted 1 October 20192019-10-01 2019-10-31 accountancy Brisbane CBD Queensland AU AUD 140000 180000 180000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.au https://www.robertwalters.com.au/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer based overseas, this Financial Controller will lead the finance function in Australia and take day to day leadership of the financial management, commercial, contract, procurement and governance of the business. The Financial Controller will have day to day responsibility for ensuring the accuracy of financial results, management of all governance requirements and work closely with the wider business to maximise performance and profitability.
- Oversee the financial functions of the organisation for the achievement of both current and long-term business objectives whilst establishing best practice accounting policies and procedures
- Ensure that the financial direction of the Australian operation is aligned with global corporate strategy
- Prepare monthly financial and reports for global ELT, present and provide accurate commentary to the group
- Develop and maintain integrated and accountable finance, accounting, administrative, billing and auditing policies and procedures as required, through evaluation, collaboration, staff training and quality improvement.
- Processing the timely payment of Superannuation, wages and PAYG.
- Completing weekly bank reconciliations and manage monthly cash-flow and operating forecasts, while managing and utilising various accounts and banking facilities and services to maximise the organisation’s financial position.
- Assist with organisational planning and commercial decision making by providing appropriate, timely and insightful financial information
- Work with the global leadership team, to analyse operational performance and identify opportunities for improvement, cost reduction and systems enhancement
- Perform risk management by analysing the organisation's liabilities and investments and understand and mitigate key elements of the risk profile
- Lead all contractual negotiations with contractors, suppliers and developers to ensure commercial outcomes are achieved
To be considered for this role, it’s essential you have senior financial leadership experience across either a listed organisation or have been in a organisation that has experienced significant growth over a short period of time. You will need to demonstrate your experience leading a finance team through change including the implementation of new systems and processes. You are a dynamic leader, known for high levels of performance who thrives under pressure. At the same time you understand that your success is unlocked through the enabling of your team.
You will also have;
- Current CA/CPA Qualification or equivalent
- Broad experience in strategic leadership of a high performing finance function
- Working knowledge of financial and management reporting, tax and other regulatory compliance
- A strong understanding ERP systems, and how bespoke or customisation can be used to achieve business outcomes
- Strong commitment to ethical business practices and good corporate governance
To apply please click apply or call Hamish Winterbourn on +61 7 30322282 for a confidential discussion.