Financial Controller - Professional Services Firm
Salary AUD160,000 - AUD200,000 per annum
Location Melbourne CBDFULL_TIME
Consultant Ryan McLoughlin
Job Ref 1682980/001
Date posted 7 June 2022melbourne accountancy-finance/financial-controller 2022-06-07 2022-07-07 accountancy Melbourne CBD Victoria AU AUD 160000 200000 200000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.au https://www.robertwalters.com.au/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
- Global Professional Services firm
- $170,000 - $190,000 package + bonus
- Deliver, lead, manage, build – continue the financial success
- Diverse range of work including commercial analysis, month-end reporting and staff management.
This is a unique opportunity to join a globally recognised, innovative and growing organisation who will give you full ownership to implement your own processes, procedures and strategies to help support the business towards its continued success and long-term expansion.
Reporting to the CFO, the Financial Controller will provide specialist financial advice and information on the financial environment and operations of the business, while ensuring the organisation is aware of and complies with all financial obligations.
Key responsibilities will involve:
- Managing key relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Accurate and timely preparation the annual and half-year reporting process including the statutory reporting
- Assisting business unit managers and accounts staff with monthly management and financial reporting
- Be a key figure in the overall direction and financial management of the business
- Providing commentary around variances
- Cash flow management and reporting
- Producing regular forecasts and budgets
To be considered for this position you must be a fully qualified accountant (CA,CPA or equivalent) who has previous experience in staff leadership roles. You must be able to demonstrate the ability to work collaboratively with an SLT to help the business achieve its strategic goals. Due to the current size of the business, and the finance team, you must be comfortable in rolling up your sleeves and getting into the detail when necessary. Finally, experience in systems implementations and upgrades would be extremely desirable
This could be an excellent role for Financial Controller seeking broader commercial exposure, or this would also suit someone looking to step into their first Financial Controller position, bringing with them exposure to senior financial reporting and ideally leadership.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples are encouraged to apply.
To apply please click apply or call Ryan McLoughlin on 03 8628 2111 for a confidential discussion.