Consultant Hamish Winterbourn
Job Ref 1693740/001
Date posted 8 June 2022brisbane accountancy-finance/financial-controller 2022-06-08 2022-07-08 accountancy Brisbane Queensland AU Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.au https://www.robertwalters.com.au/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
Privately owned by an entrepreneurial family with four plus decades experience in business development internationally and in Australia, DEMEX works with tier one and two construction companies and entrepreneurial developers operating in residential, commercial and industrial, civil and construction markets. The role of Financial Controller will see you partnering with the Directors to ensure the company's financial health by overseeing all financial planning, analysis, budgeting & reporting.
This is a newly created opportunity, the role is to support and work directly with the Directors across financial report, control, budgeting, projects and be strategically focused on growth through providing commercial insights and analysis on projects. You will be required to be forward facing, working with numerous project managers and support projects both commercially and financially. This is a great role and certainly offers future career advancement, this role is the most senior financial position with the organisation, the directors are looking for this successful applicant to grow with the business over the next 12 - 24 months.
- Develop financial strategy, including risk minimisation plans and opportunity forecasting
- Provide financial & commercial guidance to leadership team to ensure outcomes are inline with strategic direction
- Measure company performance against external and internal benchmarks
- Generate insights into P&L that enable broader growth and development across multiple business streams
- lead and evaluate acquisition opportunities
- Monitor actual performance vs budget and collaborate with managers and executive team in budget generation
- Project lead from a commercial and financial perspective, guide Project Managers on profitability and work closely with Directors on profitability and risk
- Review and publish monthly financial statements, coordinate & direct the preparation of financial forecasts & report variances
- Manage all accounting operations including AP, AR, GL and Payroll
- Support month-end and year-end close process
- Ensure quality control over financial transactions and financial reporting
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strenghten internal controls
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples are encouraged to apply.
To apply please click apply or call Hamish Winterbourn on +61 7 30322282 for a confidential discussion.
Salary: attractive packageLocation: BrisbaneDate posted: 20 June 2022
Surf Live Saving Queensland formally established in 1930, has developed into a ground-breaking and highly innovative organisation. SLSQ has 57 established surf lifesaving clubs with members patrolling 8,000 kilometres of the Queensland coastline from Port Douglas to Rainbow Bay.
As Financial Controller you will lead the entire Finance function for the organisation reporting into a highly strategical focused CFO.
Salary: NegotiableLocation: Inner Suburbs BrisbaneDate posted: 28 June 2022
Robert Walters are excited to exclusively partner with a leading global business, headquartered in Brisbane, for the recruitment of a Group Compliance & Risk Specialist. Reporting into the Group Compliance & Risk Manager, this position will undertake a broad range of responsibilities focused on some exciting projects and initiatives across the business.
Salary: NegotiableLocation: Northern Suburbs BrisbaneDate posted: 7 June 2022
The Commercial Manager proposes and drives optimizations from a Finance perspective to drive the short- and long-term Operational performance of the ANZ business. As the main Finance interface, this role supports the local management team in strategic and operational decision making processes and contributes to developing a business strategy. The role will proactively provide insights on business opportunities and risks as well as the respective financial