Senior Accountant - Revenue and Leases Project
Salary AUD110,402 - AUD111,402 per annum + super
Location Macquarie Park
Consultant Sarah Lucas
Date posted 13 June 20181 Farrer place Sydney 2000 Robert Walters Australia
One of Australia’s leading research universities is looking for a Senior Accountant - Revenue and Leases Project to join a critical revenue and leases project on an 18-month contract. The Senior Accountant - Revenue and Leases Project role will provide critical support to the Business Lead of the Revenue and Leases project to ensure the solution development and accurate implementation of new Revenue and Leases Standards across the University.
- Practical investigation and solution development to ensure effective implementation of the new Revenue and Leases Standards across the University and Controlled Entities (the Group)
- Work to develop the project implementation plan with specific timeframes, tasks and milestones
- Work with external accounting advisory firms to understand the technical requirements of the new standards
- Work with stakeholders to develop models to quantify the impact of the Standards on the Income Statement and Balance sheet
- Identify budgeting impacts of the Standards and recommend detailed solutions for changes to reports, systems, processes and roles
- Prepare briefing papers for the Audit Office and the Group’s Audit & Risk Committee regarding the actions taken to successfully implement the new Revenue & Leases Standards
- In-depth understanding of changes to Australian Accounting Standards
- Demonstrated experience managing and influencing multiple stakeholders on large projects
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting/Finance
- 7 years post-qualification experience within a large and complex organisation
- CA/CPA qualification
- High level of verbal and written communication skills
- Experience analysing, manipulating and summarising large volumes of data
This is an incredible opportunity for a Senior Accountant - Revenue and Leases Project to be a critical team member on a major project within a leading University. The role will be based in Macquarie Park with a $110,402 p.a. base salary, plus 9.5% employer’s superannuation and leave loading.
To apply please click apply or call Sarah Lucas on +61 2 84231021 for a confidential discussion.