Structured Finance - Australia
Salary AUD145,000 - AUD146,000 per annum + super
Location Sydney CBDFULL_TIME
Consultant Greg Reynolds
Date posted 14 September 2018 2018-09-142018-10-14 building-and-construction 1 Farrer place Sydney 2000 Robert Walters Australia
My client is a business dedicated to the construction, development and management of clean energy production through solar PV assets. The organisation is recognised globally and prides themselves on a sustainable business model that generates value not only for the company, but also for the communities in which they operate. Following recent developments within Australia, the organisation is now looking for an ambitious Structured Finance professional to join their high performing finance team under a newly created role. The role will report directly to the Head of Project Finance and M&A and have an oversight over various aspects of project finance. This is an opportunity to work with a local and global leading player in the renewable energy sector. The opportunity provides high industry exposure in an experienced and dynamic team.
- Management of the Financial Model for current and prospective projects in Australia. This will include the preliminary assessment of project opportunities, the analysis of development activities leading to financial close, model maintenance during the construction of assets, and valuation activities.
- Data processing and the analysis of results, providing conclusions and recommendations to senior management, as well as third parties.
- Analysis and quantification of risks and scenarios to support decision making.
- Production of financial and investment returns analysis for the purpose of reporting to senior
- Support to Financial Close process based on experience matured in similar transactions in the infrastructure and renewable space in coordination with advisors including Legal, Technical and Tax and Accounting Due Diligence.
- Be responsible for specific aspects of the process including review of facility agreements, support to lenders due diligence and credit approval preparation.
- Support M&A transactions (buy side or sell side).
- Support financing activities related to the preparation of an RFP/tenders response (eg Banks support).
- Preparation of presentations on the activities of the company and on specific topics as required
- Support and preparation of internal memoranda according to company standards and approval process.
- Completed bachelor or undergraduate studies with qualifications in finance,commerce, business, mathematics, statistics, or engineering.
- Minimum five (5) years experience in financial modelling and structuring of non-recourse debt financing facilities for infrastructure assets in Australia.
- Experience with renewable energy / solar assets.
- Advanced MS Excel skills with a proven track record in working with large and complex spreadsheets.
- MS Visual Basic knowledge and experience highly valued, but not essential.
- Understanding of financial principles and project finance appraisal techniques. This would ideally correlate with similar financial modelling experience along with an understanding of modelling best practice principles in a project finance environment.
- Experience ideally gained in a commercial or investment bank, investment fund, accounting firm or financial advisory firm.
- Advanced analytical, numerical and organisation skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills both with internal and external stakeholders.
To apply please click apply or call Greg Reynolds on 02 8289 3103 for a confidential discussion.