Location Inner Suburbs Melbourne
Consultant Ben Wilkie Smith
Date posted 9 April 20181 Farrer place Sydney 2000 Robert Walters Australia
A large international services firm that specialises in delivering large projects across Australia and New Zealand. They have an urgent requirement for a Group/Financial Accountant. This is a vital role for the group and requires an individual with both technical know-how and a strong ability to partner with stakeholders. You will be challenged on a daily basis to produce work for all levels of the business. Competitive remuneration on offer.
The role is based within the commercial services sector and will be a long term contract. You must be able to demonstrate sound technical knowledge and have previous experience with consolidations.
As Group Accountant, you will be responsible for a wide range of group, financial accounting and analysis tasks.
- Consolidation of multiple entities
- Assist in the preparation of statutory accounts for the Group
- Become a key stakeholder in the month end close
- End-to-end analysis of the balance sheet and P&L, including direct stakeholder engagement
- Preparing cyclical budgets / forecasts
- Provide financial analysis to key business leaders
- Provide reporting and analysis across key projects
- Full CA or CPA qualifications
- 5 + years in a financial accounting position
- Extensive knowledge of reporting standards
- Experience finance modelling and manipulating large volumes of data
- Strong business acumen, with the ability to apply knowledge and understanding of competitive/commercial business principles to arrive at sound business decisions
- A dedicated team player, adaptable to change and supporting successful outcomes
To apply please click apply or call Ben Wilkie Smith on 03 8628 2289 for a confidential discussion.