Salary AUD110,000 - AUD120,000 per annum
Location Northern Suburbs Perth
Consultant Clint Davies
Date posted 13 April 20181 Farrer place Sydney 2000 Robert Walters Australia
This ASX listed organisation is a leader in their field, providing mining services, equipment hire and analytics to the global mining sector. This organisation requires an experience Group Accounting on a 12 month fixed term contract to cover Maternity leave however are going through an extended period of growth with recent business acquisitions so permanent opportunities could be part of the future strategy for the finance team located in the North of Perth offices.
The purpose of the Group Accountant is to work closely with the Chief Financial Officer and Financial Controller, you will be responsible for providing financial leadership, direction and advice through managing the financial accounting, group taxation, treasury, internal risk and external audit.
- Preparation, Planning and running of the external audit program including delivery of Audit related information and preparation of audit memorandums
- Experience leading an ASX listed entity audit i.e. preparation of financial statements and audit and risk committee memos
- Conduct group reporting and consolidation for monthly accounts
- Delivery of compliance to accounting and company standards and technical accounting papers as required
- Creation and/or review of financial policies and procedures
- Compliance and delivery of Australian taxation related tasks
- Delivery and management of treasury, internal audit and risk functions
Key Experience / Requirements:
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in financial accounting, taxation, compliance reporting and audit preparation
- Big 4 audit experience of an ASX listed entity
- In-depth understanding of accounting standards and tax legislation
- Detailed understanding of treasury processes
- Strong business acumen, with the ability to apply knowledge and understanding of competitive/commercial business principles to arrive at sound business decisions
- Ability to work in a dynamic and innovative environment
- Excellent communication skills and a collaborative working style with highly developed influencing skills
- A dedicated team player, adaptable to change and supporting successful outcomes
A generous salary package is on offer, as well as ample parking and the chance to be part of a dynamic industry sector for an ASX listed entity.
This opportunity allows a Group Accountant to join a listed organisation in a period of growth and with a potential direction to progress their career within the highly competitive mining sector.
To apply please click apply or call Clint Davies on 08 9266 0900 for a confidential discussion.