Group Financial Reporting Accountant
Location Sydney CBD
Consultant Greg Reynolds
Date posted 22 June 20181 Farrer place Sydney 2000 Robert Walters Australia
If you are looking to further your career in a rewarding and challenging environment whilst being surrounded by some of the best in the business then this could be the role for you. My client has been on one of the most exciting journeys in the global business world and their impressive growth and domination of their industry has gained them a revenue income of nearly $200bn. In the role of Group Financial Reporting Accountant you will be responsible for processing and reporting financial transactions and statutory reporting on an annual basis. You will be operating at group level allowing you to develop a detailed understanding of how the business operates and build strong relationships with stakeholders. This role would be well suited to Big 4 first or second movers who have a thorough understanding of working to tight month end deadlines but are looking to gain further commercial exposure.
- Preparation of General Purpose Financials for the Australian Group, consisting of 150+ subsidiaries, associates and joint venture operations.
- Documentation of the key processes, assumptions, and other items required to produce the financials.
- Managing the external auditor’s requirements.
- Accuracy of Hyperion Financial Management (HFM) structures and consolidated information.
- Identifying inconsistencies in financial reporting.
- Design and collate data (financial and non‐financial) via supplementary information packages.
- Resolve technical accounting issues with local management, corporate, and auditors.
- Reviewing financial statements prepared by other components to ensure consistency across the group.
- Provide back up support to the wider Regional Service Team.
- Assisting in special projects concerning a wide‐range of commercial accounting issues as required.
- Around 2 ‐ 4 years of relevant accounting experience ‐ including preparation of General Purpose Financial Statements.
- Experience in Big 4, or second tier, business services and/or listed corporation.
- Strong academic results and well‐rounded commercial acumen.
- Attention to detail is paramount.
- Advanced computer skills ‐ particularly in MS Office suite. Experience with Hyperion Financial Management and
- SAP will be an advantage.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work in high pressure and competing priority/ambiguous environments.
- Meet key deadlines and milestones.
- Manage & build positive relationships (internal and external).
- Excellent interpersonal, cooperative and facilitation skills as part of interfacing with various level of management and external bodies and agencies.
To apply please click apply or call Greg Reynolds on 02 8289 3103 for a confidential discussion.