Location Sydney CBD
Consultant Thomas Ryan
Date posted 30 September 2016
An excellent opportunity has arisen to join the Controls and Risk Audit team at a leading domestic bank based in Sydney CBD.
Working across all of the banking products as part of a pro-active and dynamic team, you will be responsible for leading and executing independent reviews of control frameworks, systems, policies and procedures across the business and identify areas for improvement and remediation.
- Assist in audit planning, including the identification of processes, risks and controls for testing.
- Execute audit fieldwork:
- Test the design and operating effectiveness of controls.
- Identify and document key operational, commercial and strategic risks at organizational and process levels.
- Identify and document audit issues, including performing a significance analysis and agreeing management action plans.
- Collaborate within own home team and with subject matter experts across the business
- Reviewing the adequacy of risk management, accounting and management controls as maintained across all areas of the banks operations.
- Assessing compliance with critical corporate policies and statutory regulations in all divisions within the corporation.
- Performing ad-hoc audit related projects as identified by the Group Internal Auditor.
- Provide an opinion to Senior Management regarding the effectiveness and efficiency of the internal control environment
- Take full ownership of end-to-end audit reviews and present to senior management.
Successful candidates will possess:
- Degree Qualified
- Chartered Accountant
- 8 years + audit experience on processes, controls and risk.
- Experience of leading audit engagements and a team within financial services
- Preferably experience within a big 4 chartered environment
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong personal skills and teamwork
To apply please click apply or call Thomas Ryan on +61 2 8289 3158 for a confidential discussion.