Assistant Manager, Internal Audit
Location Sydney CBD
Consultant Thomas Ryan
Date posted 5 October 2016
Leading Financial Institution has a requirement for an Assistant Manager in Internal Audit, with a minimum of 4+ years’ relevant experience.
Working as a crucial member of a large group internal audit team, you will be responsible for providing an independent assessment and identification of risks affecting the operations of their business.
Internal Audit accomplishes this through audits, investigations, review & advisory services and regular communication with Management.
Key Challenges will be:
- Assist Internal Audit management in developing and executing the annual internal audit plan
- Complete all planned reviews in accordance with the Audit Plan within the budgeted timeframe while maintaining the scope and standard of work.
- Confidence to interact with Risk Group and functional heads throughout organisation
- Follow up with management to ensure that audit issues raised are addressed within the timeframe agreed.
- Put forward value added recommendations to management to address risks / issues identified.
- Innovation and continuous improvement.
- Minimum 4 years post qualified internal auditing experience.
- Educated to degree level.
- Professional audit qualification, highly developed and proven audit skills, preferably from a Big 4 Accounting Firm
- Understanding of risks and controls applicable to various financial services sectors.
- Strong communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Problem Solving, methodical and detailed
- Strong personal integrity and an understanding of what is reasonable and prudent business practice
- Self motivated and able to work under pressure
- Ability to establish and maintain harmonious working relationship with co-workers, staff
To apply please click apply or call Thomas Ryan on +61 2 8289 3158 for a confidential discussion.