IT Controls Assurance Manager
Location Sydney CBD
Consultant Thomas Ryan
Date posted 14 November 2016
A leading domestic bank is seeking an excellent IT Auditor to jin the IT Controls Assurance team to test, maintain and develop new controls.
Due to outstanding company growth and team expansion, an exceptional opportunity has arisen to join the IT Controls Assurance team of a highly publicised, market leading retail bank. As one of the most successful and high profile banks in the market, the audit team is currently experiencing expansion which will take its headcount to double the current standing.
Working as part of the wider team, the main responsibility of this position is to perform IT controls testing on the group which include audits on the IT infrastructure and IT operations and participating in reviewing new IT system development. The responsibility of this position also includes the performance of operational / business audits on the organisation working with the operational audit team from an IT perspective.
Key challenges will be -
- Set and decide audit scope, test programs and evaluate risks and controls.
- Identify internal control deficiencies in the processes and / or non-compliance with policies and regulations by business units and convey the results to management in a clear and succinct manner.
- Put forward value added recommendations to management to address issues identified.
- Complete all planned audits within the timeframe budgeted.
- Follow up with management to ensure timely resolution of audit issues raised.
- Keep up-to-date on new IT developments and the impact on auditing.
- Innovation and continuous improvement.
Required Competencies -
- Minimum 3 years IT audit experience in the financial services sector
- A degree in Information Technology / Computer Science
- CISA certification is preferred
- Highly developed and proven IT audit skills.
- Understand of risks and controls applicable to the business.
- Strong communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Methodical and detailed
- Strong analytical skills
- Self motivated and able to work under pressure
- Strong desire to foster partnership and teamwork
- Ability to deliver results with minimal supervision
This position will involve international exposure and communication to offshore enterprises of the banks operation.
To apply please click apply or call Thomas Ryan on +61 2 8289 3158 for a confidential discussion.