Group Audit Manager
Salary AUD450 - AUD550 per day + Super
Location Sydney CBD
Consultant Jordan Jessup
Date posted 13 June 20181 Farrer place Sydney 2000 Robert Walters Australia
The Group Audit Manager will interact directly with the leaders across the organisations and other Group Audit home teams. You will lead and execute independent reviews of control frameworks, systems, policies and procedures across the Group and identify areas for remediation and opportunities for enhancement.
- Assist in audit planning, including the identification of processes, risks and controls for testing.
- Execute audit fieldwork: Test the design and operating effectiveness of controls, identify and document key operational, commercial and strategic risks at organizational and process levels, identify and document audit issues, including performing a significance analysis and agreeing management action plans and collaborate with subject matter experts across Group Audit.
- Assist in the reporting stages of the audit engagement, including preparing and discussing audit reports with management. These audit reports form the basis of the messages reported to the Group Board Audit Committee on a quarterly basis.
- Supervision and coaching of junior staff.
- Continuously monitor business unit developments, activities, issue management, emerging risks or concerns.
- Participate in home team and Group Audit initiatives and continuous improvement initiatives.
- Undergraduate degree. Degree in Accounting / Finance or equivalent field is desirable.
- At least 5 years of experience in internal audit, Big 4 accounting practice or 2nd line Risk Management with relevant experience in financial services.
- Experience in areas such as compliance, regulation, conduct risk, culture or operational risk frameworks would be preferable.
- Member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants Australia (ICAA) or Certified Practising Accountants (CPA) or Institute of Internal Audit (IIA) is desirable.
- Strong communication & relationship skills and critical thinking are essential to success in this role.
- Self – starter who is proactive, willing to learn and look for new challenges.
To apply please click apply or call Jordan Jessup on +61 2 82893107 for a confidential discussion.