Tax Compliance Officer - 9 Month Contract
Salary AUD35 - AUD45 per hour
Location Moonee PondsCONTRACTOR
Consultant Ben Wilkie Smith
Date posted 3 August 2018 2018-08-032018-08-29 accountancy 1 Farrer place Sydney 2000 Robert Walters Australia
This position manages and drive complex case work across a number of areas ensuring appropriate actions are taken and time-frames are met. The role is responsible for negotiating with internal and external stakeholders in order to coordinate information and activities to manage higher risk tax agents holistically and in real time. You will deal with complex information and undertake investigation and evaluation of information, including fraud and/or litigation support.
- Ability to have a clear understanding of the key issues, and desired outcomes, and to make well considered decisions.
- Able to confidently present verbal and written information in a well structured, succinct and professional manner for complex or sensitive information,
- Structure communication clearly and succinctly,
- Deal with sensitive issues with consideration of legislative requirements in order to provide or obtain information
- Ability to prepare project and work plans detailing measurable milestones and outcomes, monitor project and work progress, and manage priorities
- Ability to build and sustain positive relationships with stakeholders, including ability to influence others, and negotiating to achieve outcomes.
- Work collaboratively to achieve business outcomes and capitalise on the expertise of others
- An understanding of tax agent environment and structuring arrangements
- The ability to undertake complex investigations or audits, with potential fraud or prosecution outcomes
- Qualifications in taxation, law, accounting, business, commerce or economics will be highly regarded
- An understanding of the tax agent environment
- Related desirable experience, e.g. fraud investigation or prosecution
- Consistently behave in an honest, ethical and professional manner, be fair and equitable in the treatment of people and transparent in dealings with them
To apply please click apply or call Ben Wilkie Smith on 03 8628 2289 for a confidential discussion.