Salary AUD80,000 - AUD100,000 per annum + Super
Location Sydney CBDCONTRACTOR
Consultant Jordan Jessup
Date posted 14 September 2018 2018-09-142018-10-14 banking 1 Farrer place Sydney 2000 Robert Walters Australia
The objective of the role of Senior Auditor is to help deliver high quality audits and build capability to assist the organisation achieve its objectives through the promotion of effective internal controls at a reasonable cost. Focus will be on assessing the control environment across Insurance and Customer Platforms, including coverage over the end-to-end risks from product development through to distribution and servicing.
The Senior Auditor must have a strong interest in IT and data-driven audit techniques, and embrace these to assist Internal Audit with driving forward its capability in this area.
- Provide input to the annual Suncorp Group Internal Audit plan to ensure high risk areas are identified. Delivering reliable assurance on the adequacy and effectiveness of the control environment across Insurance and Customer Platforms, including coverage over the end-to-end risks from product development through to distribution and servicing
- Perform end-to-end audits, project reviews and special ad hoc reviews in accordance with Suncorp Audit Methodology and professional internal auditing standards within agreed budget and time frame, including:
- Keep the Audit Manager/Audit Portfolio Manager (APM)/Executive Audit Manager (EAM) informed regarding the status of audits in progress
- Review/develop detailed audit scope, program of work, audit tests, audit budget and resource requirements for acceptance by Audit Manager/APM/EAM.
- Assign audit work to and direct the activities of audit team members.
- Conduct the entrance meeting at the beginning of each audit, in conjunction with the Audit Manager/APM/EAM or as agreed.
- Prepare and/or review work papers and risk and controls matrix
- Maintain appropriate and effective working relationships with business management as part of business liaison responsibility and effective audit management
- IT control testing experience and CISA qualification desirable.
- Experience in data analytic audit techniques desirable.
- Degree Qualification (Accounting, Finance, IT or a related field desirable)
- Relevant qualifications from professional bodies such as IIA, ICAA or CPA desirable
- Experience (minimum type and level of experience required to perform the role)
- Minimum 4 years experience in Financial Services, internal auditing and/or external audit
To apply please click apply or call Jordan Jessup on +61 2 82893107 for a confidential discussion.