Internal Audit / Policy Advisor / Finance Officer
Salary AUD40 - AUD50 per hour
Consultant Cayne Hyde
Date posted 10 May 20192019-05-13 2019-06-09 accountancy 1 Farrer place Sydney 2000 Robert Walters
Reporting to the Director of Finance and supporting the Senior Policy Advisor you will be responsible for a diverse range of responsibilities. As support to the Senior Policy Advisor, you will be responsible for helping to develop and maintain the financial management and financial governance frameworks for the Department.
You will have responsibility for supporting the following activities and partaking the following key tasks:
• Establish and implement financial management and financial governance frameworks.
• Ensure compliance with statutory requirements and government policy.
• Enhance and promote sound and better practice financial management.
• Establish, implement and maintain effective financial policies, procedures, guidelines and practices.
• Ensure financial controls systems (including Delegations and Administrative Authorities) are in place, operating effectively and are regularly monitored and tested.
• Provide advice to senior management on legislative and policy positions with regards to financial management and the possible impact to on the Department.
• Deliver creative and innovative approaches to financial policy and governance support though formal and informal training to enable clients to maximise benefits to be derived from good financial management.
• Contribute to the achievement of continuous improvement by encouraging an environment where high quality work is achieved and is supported by the development and adherence to quality systems.
Key Skills, Experience and Qualifications:
• Degree in relevant field
• Strong understanding in Financial Services in a regulatory environment
• High attention to detail and data accuracy
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Knowledge of compliance requirements and experience in managing compliance abilities
To apply please click apply or call Cayne Hyde on +61 7 3032 2212 for a confidential discussion.