Internal Auditor - Contract
Consultant Cayne Hyde
Date posted 7 June 20192019-06-07 2019-07-07 accountancy Brisbane Queensland AU AUD 90000 110000 110000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.au https://www.robertwalters.com.au/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
You will be joining one of Australia's biggest success stories and a worldwide industry leader. This large organisation is committed to growth and development and is always looking for ways to improve and progress the business.
This new role will see you joining an established team and reporting to the Head of Audit and Risk Management. You will identify control gaps and offer solutions where admin, operational and finance controls are inadequate or lacking. Also, to identify opportunities for improved efficiency.
• Planning and completing audit and investigation work in accordance with audit programs and instructions.
• Preparing working papers that are accurate and organised to support conclusions.
• Working closely with the Head of Audit to keep him updated with work, issues, results and the status of agreed actions.
• Documenting any findings, implications and suggestions for corrective actions in clear and articulate reports.
• Liaising with customers to agree on findings and formulate recommendations.
• Providing insight to all levels of management on internal controls in all areas of business.
• Working closely with management at all levels of the business to gain an understanding of the operations and requirements of the business.
• Assisting with advice on business policies and procedures and ensuring compliance.
Key Skills, Experience and Qualifications:
To be successful in the position you will need to have a strong work ethic and ambition to grow with the business as there are future opportunities for progression. Also, strong report writing skills. Your experience will be varied across different business controls and you will have the ability to confidently influence situations to get the desired outcome.
• Degree preferably in Accounting and Business Administration
• CA/ CPA qualification preferable
• Ideally, 3-5 years experience in Internal Audit (industry or firm)
• Strong knowledge of Microsoft office programs and ideally exposure to SAP
• Experience in the Manufacturing/ Retail/ Logistics or alike industries is preferable
You will have a lively and confident personality, who thrives under challenges in a fast past environment and doesn’t shy away from problem solving and dealing with tough stakeholders.
To apply please click apply or call Cayne Hyde on +61 7 3032 2212 for a confidential discussion.