Management Accounting Manager
Salary AUD130000 - AUD155000 per annum + super
Location Sydney CBD
Consultant Alex Gotch
Date posted 2 February 2017
Opportunity to work within a large and complex organisation based in Sydney CBD as a Management Accounting Manager. The organisation operates in the energy sector and they will consider backgrounds from other large complex businesses. The role sits within a collaborative finance team and reports directly into a senior Financial Controller. The developing nature of the business means the role will have variety and some project work also.
- Manage the development and implementation of the annual budgeting and forecasting policies, procedures and processes.
- Research and evaluate current processes against best practice and lead the adoption of relevant best practice processes by the organisation.
- Oversee the annual budgeting and rolling forecast process to deliver the capital expenditure, operating performance and cash flow budgets over a two-year time horizon to support achievement of the financial targets
- Implementation and update of company-wide parameters for standard labour costing and oncost rates.
- Review and financial analysis of the rolling forecasts against the financial targets in the Business Plan, with financial performance reporting to the Executive and Board.
- Provision and analysis of forecast financial information to address regulatory requirements including the development of the revenue proposal.
- Interfacing with the Financial Planning and Analysis and Corporate Finance teams on the development of the medium financial forecasts for the Business Plan and long term financial projections for company valuation.
- Completion of the monthly Management Accounts including review and financial performance analysis
- Lead cost reviews and driver analysis to identify opportunities for cost savings and efficiencies.
- Research relevant best practice in management reporting and develop recommendations on improvement opportunities.
- Tertiary qualifications in Finance or Accounting or a related discipline.
- CA/CPA qualified
- Strong management accounting and financial analyst based experience.
- Experience in leading change initiatives across an organisation.
- Strong resource management and business planning skills.
- Strong communication skills for presentation and influencing stakeholders.
- Customer focus with strong relationship building skills.
To apply please click apply or call Alex Gotch on +61 2 8289 3137 for a confidential discussion.