Management Accountant - Projects
Salary Competitive Salary
Location Melbourne CBD
Consultant Claire O'Neill
Date posted 21 March 2017
This organisation is a tier-one construction & engineering company, currently enjoying significant growth. With a suite of new and existing projects, this business continues to build on its ambitious strategic plans and requires driven, commercially astute professionals to make their mark. Reporting to the Joint Venture/Alliance Finance Manager, this hands-on role will support the Finance Manager to oversee the day to day financial operations of the Joint Venture/Alliance, ensuring accurate and timely financial information is available to meet reporting needs and commercial decision making of the infrastructure projects. This is an outstanding opportunity to work for a highly driven and successful market leader with strong core values and an exciting future.
Your main tasks will include but will not be limited to the following:
- Maintain P&L and balance sheets across the projects in compliance with accounting standards (AASB 111 and others) and the JV’s accounting policies
- Preparation of monthly project financial reports including financial analysis and dashboards
- Support the Finance Manager in reporting to multiple stakeholders on the financial status of the projects (including JV Steering Committee and JV Finance Teams)
- Maintain financial controls including: monitoring and reporting compliance with various policies; balance sheet reconciliations; cost coding accuracy; etc
- Cash flow management, analysis, forecasting and reporting
- Preparation of an Annual Financial Report for the JV
- Raise expense accruals, provisions, creditors, prepayments and debtor invoices and journal corrections
- Processing of timesheets and associated reporting (if applicable)
- Verifying costs charged by the JV partners to ensure they are allowable under the JV Agreement before payment is made
- Develop good working relationships with the Commercial team to drive business performance
- Assist with the review of key financial processes to facilitate continuous process improvement initiatives that meet the needs of the project
- Liaise and build working relationships with Project staff and people from the JV partner Finance teams
- Other administration duties from time to time as may be required (e.g. day to day site office facility management)
- CPA/CA qualification is essential for this role.
- Candidates who have worked in a public practice role previously will be highly regarded.
- Ideally you will have worked in the construction industry or project based environment.
- Ideally you will have worked for a large multi-national company with large capital projects.
- Strong stakeholder engagement skills and the ability to influence ‘non-financial’ stakeholders will be sought after for this role.
- Experience working within a JV reporting environment will be beneficial.
- Candidates must have strong intermediate MS Excel and sound ERP experience having worked on project costing systems in previous roles.
- You will have a strong background with proven examples of process improvement and using commercial acumen to drive results.
This is an outstanding opportunity to work for one of Australia’s largest and most successful global construction companies. This role is varied and will provide an excellent opportunity to be a part of a high performing team. The organisation has an excellent culture and can provide job security and satisfaction alongside a very competitive salary package.
To apply please click apply or call Claire O'Neill on 03 8628 2142 for a confidential discussion.