Management Accountant | ASX Listed Construction Company
Salary AUD80,000 - AUD95,000 per annum + Super
Consultant Dharan Chond
Date posted 18 February 20181 Farrer place Sydney 2000 Robert Walters Australia
The Management Accountant position is a newly created operational role that will enjoy responsibility for ensuring a strong commercial and strategic focus is maintained on the land and home construction projects across Australia You will report into the National Finance Manager and work closely with the Project Directors in providing valuable, accurate and timely management accounting information.
This ASX Listed organisation located just north of Brisbane CBD has been established for 30 years, and has built up a reputation of being a widely respected and trusted home builder, meeting the needs of homebuyers across Australia. The company's property portfolio extends across large-scale community developments to high-rise apartment buildings.
As the Management Accountant, you will be empowered to support the delivery of the construction projects and land developments, whilst maintaining financial control and management of the project’s budgets, forecasts and cashflow.
- Be actively involved with preparing the management reports and month-end comparatives for each of the company's construction projects
- Work directly with the Project Directors to review project assumptions, and perform financial analysis over their feasibility
- Help manage the forecasting and budgeting process in ascertaining key metrics such as NRV, Cost-to-complete and Budget-variance analysis
- Liaise with stakeholders in order to identify project risks, and ensure these are captured within the management reports
- Assist in the annual budget preparation, business planning and quarterly forecasting
- CPA/CA qualified, or close to qualifying
- Management accounting experience in a commercial environment
- Advanced Excel skills in order to extract and manipulate data into management reports
- The ability to communicate clearly and credibly with various stakeholders across the business
- Knowledge of relevant construction compliance frameworks would be highly regarded
This is an exciting opportunity for a Management Accountant to eventually take ownership of the management forecasting, budgeting and reporting, as well as build effective relationships with the wider business. As the Management Accountant you can expect this role and the various construction projects to grow over an exciting period which you will have the opportunity to stamp your mark on.
To apply please click apply or call Dharan Chond on +61 7 30322215 for a confidential discussion.