Senior Accountant | 12 Month Fixed Term Contract | $120k
Location Inner Suburbs MelbourneCONTRACTOR
Consultant Mark Hetherington
Date posted 13 March 2019 2019-03-132019-04-04 accountancy Melbourne Victoria Lorimer Street AU 3207 AUD 100000 120000 120000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.au
This is an exciting opportunity for a Senior Accountant to join a global corporate with operations in the mining industry on a fixed term contract based in their Port Melbourne offices.
About the Senior Accountant role:
This role is accountable for assisting in the preparation of week/month end reporting, forecasting and budgets. They will ensure effective governance and controls including involvement in implementing process improvements across the group.
- Assist in the preparation of the quarterly forecasting process and annual budget process
- Contribute to the delivery of year-end financial statements
- Preparation and filing of tax requirements and other statutory returns
- Preparation and reconciliation of balance sheet accounts
- Provide management with meaningful, accessible and understandable reports
- Provide analysis, advice, feedback and guidance to enable understanding, robust decision making
- Ensure relevant governance is in place and adhered to
- Provide advice, suggestions and support to the business to implement any new systems, processes and technology
Key selection criteria:
- 5-10 years experience in a similar accountant role
- Experience working with senior stakeholders
- CA/CPA Qualified
- Knowledge of corporate governance processes
- Strong excel and ERP system skills
- Knowledge in the mining industry preferred
If the above role sounds of interest then please apply by following the link below.
To apply please click apply or call Mark Hetherington on 03 8628 2102 for a confidential discussion.