Salary AUD55000 - AUD60000 per annum + Super
Location Sydney CBD
Consultant Georgina Dewar
Date posted 6 September 2016
A dynamic Accounts Assistant role within the education sector, with responsibility for full function Accounts Payable and Receivable.
This prestigious organisation within the education sector is looking for an Accounts Clerk to join their team in the CBD. This role is an excellent opportunity to join a stable team on an initial contract, with the potential for permanency. Working under the CFO and Management Accountant, you will have primary responsibility for inputting accounting data into the general ledger and full function Accounts Payable & Receivable.
This is a pivotal role within the Finance team reporting directly to the CFO. Within the role includes the following key deliverables:
- Matching, batching and coding invoices daily
- Generating and processing weekly EFT / cheque payment runs
- Creating and raising purchase orders
- Processing and reviewing staff expenses
- Reconciliations; supplier statement, bank account and intercompany
- Monthly reconciliation and analysis of all payroll entries
- Maintaining leave, sickness and overtime reports
- Reconciliation of petty cash funds
- Providing assistance to the accounts supervisor with tasks as requested
It is essential that you have a background in a similar role ideally within education in a role that required accurate processing skills, excellent administration and organisational ability. As well as:
- strong technical skills
- effective written and verbal communication skills
- able to work both as part of a team and autonomously
- demonstrate a high attention to detail
As a goal oriented person you will be looking to join a professioanl environment, and able to work in a timely fashion in the entry of source documents and preparation of reconciliations.
To apply please click apply or call Georgina Dewar on +612 8289 3236 for a confidential discussion.