Salary AUD65000 - AUD70000 per annum + Super
Location Sydney CBD
Consultant Georgina Dewar
Date posted 17 February 2017
A permanent Assistant Accountant role within a national manufacturing firm who are leaders in the market and continuously growing. Exciting career potential working right alongside the Financial Controller.
My client is a national organisation within the Manufacturing industry. Due to an exciting period of growth, they are looking to add an Assistant Accountant. This position is ideally suited to someone who is looking to grow their skill set and be challenged in the workplace. The successful candidate will be embraced with a culture that supports growth towards their career goals in an environment that has been proven to facilitate progression.
Working closely with the Financial Controller, as the Assistant Accountant you will be responsible for carrying out day to day processes to a high standard and with a sharp eye for detail that can identify inefficiencies and develop solutions, with the following deliverables:
- Month end bank and credit card reconciliations
- Performing balance sheet reconciliations
- Maintain the General Ledger to Trial Balance
- Medium volume Accounts Payable and Receivable
- Assist with various ongoing projects and be the second in command when necessary
- Preparation of monthly creditors reports for senior management
- Maintain the Fixed Asset Register
- Liaising with internal and external stakeholders daily to ensure any issues are resolved promptly
- Month end journal preparation
- P&L monitoring in line with forecast
- Assisting with monthly forecasting
- Assisting with annual budget preparation
- Previous Assistant Accountant and Accounts Payable/Receivable experience
- Experience performing balance sheet reconciliations
- Proficient in delivering month end journal requirements
- Experience using a large ERP
- Advanced Excel skills i.e. pivot tables/v-lookups
- Currently completing CA/CPA
- 1-2 years experience as an Assistant Accountant
- Top tier written and verbal communication skills
- Stakeholder management skills
- Exposure to budgeting and forecasting
This role would suit a candidate with experience in the accounting space that has the ambition to build upon their exposure. A great opportunity to work towards your career goals within a warm and supportive team culture.
To apply please click apply or call Georgina Dewar on +612 8289 3236 for a confidential discussion.