Assistant Accountant (Temp)
Salary AUD32 - AUD38 per hour
Consultant Nicklaus Liew
Date posted 8 April 20192019-04-08 2019-05-08 accountancy Parramatta New South Wales AU AUD 32 38 38 HOUR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.au
Opportunity for two Assistant Accountants to work on a contract basis based in Parramatta.
The Assistant Accountant is responsible for general ledger accounting, providing quality support in all aspects of Financial Reporting and to maintain and improve the integrity of financial information.
- Support the financial reporting function to ensure a high quality of financial reporting and accounting services are delivered with strategic alignment to the department’s organisational objectives.
- Prepare daily and monthly cash flow forecasts, and assist in the consolidation
- Support the implementation of continuous improvements in financial reporting and accounting services and processes.
- Assist in the preparation of working papers and returns in relation to taxation and superannuation matters, such as fringe benefits tax, payroll tax and goods and services tax, and provide advice on FBT, GST and Audit.
- Perform end of month processing and closing including the creation of relevant reports and working papers.
- Update and maintain aspects of the Fixed Asset register and banking records.
- Tertiary qualifications in Accounting or equivalent experience
- Have at least 2 years experience working in a similar capacity Assistant Accountant role
- Experience in SAP or ERP systems is highly advantageous
- Proactive team player backed with solid written and verbal communication skills
- Possess a strong sense of responsibility, initiative and attention to detail
This is a great immediately available contract opportunity to work for a government position based in Parramatta with close proximity to the station.
To apply please click apply or call Nicklaus Liew on +61 2 8289 3244 for a confidential discussion.