Assistant Accountant | Part Time | Contract
Salary AUD300 - AUD350 per day
Location Sydney CBDCONTRACTOR
Consultant Nicklaus Liew
Date posted 6 May 20192019-05-06 2019-06-05 accountancy 1 Farrer place Sydney 2000 Robert Walters
Due to the increase in project delivery for the upcoming year, this government organisation have an opportunity for an experienced Assistant Accountant to be a part of the team based in Sydney CBD.
You will play an integral role to support the management accounting function and assisting with the preparation and monitoring of projects to assist the team to deliver business objectives.
- Assist on divisional budgets, variance analysis and monthly reporting
- Assist with the review and compilation of monthly, mid and year end related financial reports by assisting with financial forecasting, balance sheet reconciliations, investigation and analysis of variances against planned budgeted targets and preparation of budgets
- Provide accurate and timely compliance with policies and statutory requirements including accounting standards, providing support to the section to ensure that internal and external reporting requirements are satisfied
- Assist the management accounts team deal with general financial related enquiries, including the interpretation of financial policies and procedures and related financial compliance matters
- Provide administrative support, including but not limited to maintaining working or confidential files of the group as required.
- Tertiary qualifications in Commerce, Business or Accounting
- Previous experience working as an assistant accountant in a matrix / MNC organisation
- Project management experience would be highly advantageous
- Strong Excel skills (i.e. can-do Lookups, Pivots, Graphs & Basic Macros)
- Self-motivated, proactive and decisive, with strong leadership skills and a commitment to quality and continuous improvement
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to influence at senior levels.
This is a part time role (roughly 24 – 26 hours per week) for the next 5 months.
To apply please click apply or call Nicklaus Liew on +61 2 8289 3244 for a confidential discussion.