Assistant Accountant (Royalties)
Salary AUD69,000 - AUD84,000 per annum + super
Location North ShoreFULL_TIME
Consultant Hamish Smith
Date posted 15 May 20192019-05-16 2019-06-14 accountancy 1 Farrer place Sydney 2000 Robert Walters
As the Assistant Accountant (Royalties) you will be responsible for media and entertainment transactions for a number of high profile and well known contracts. The role will give you the opportunity to develop your business partnering, contract interpretation and reconciliations skills. The business culture is very interactive, social and flexible in its day to day operations, making it an exciting place to work.
As the Assistant Accountant (Royalties) you will report to the Royalty Controller and work within a small to medium sized team. The role will be based in the organisation's modern APAC headquarters on Sydney's North Shore.
- Ensure the accurate and timely payment of quarterly royalties
- Check and ensure correct data maintenance to allow for accurate reporting of sales transactions
- Assist in processing invoices/credit notes
- Preparation of local statements including all associated processes on a quarterly basis
- Prepare and post journals in the general ledger
- Assist with preparation of documents and respond to queries from auditors
- Ad hoc projects as required
- Intermediate to Advanced Excel skills are essential (v look ups, pivot tables etc.)
- High volume reconciliations experience is required
- Experience interpreting contracts would be highly advantageous
- 2-4 years in an accounting/finance related job
This is a very unique opportunity for a finance professional who is looking to utilise their accounting skill set to forge a career in the media and entertainment industry. The organisation is close to public transport but does not offer onsite parking.
To apply please click apply or call Hamish Smith on 02 8423 1006 for a confidential discussion.