Assistant Accountant | Transformation Role | 6 Month Contract
Salary AUD70,000 - AUD80,000 per annum
Consultant Raquel Mancini
Date posted 30 May 20192019-05-31 2019-06-29 accountancy Bundoora Victoria AU AUD 70000 80000 80000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.au https://www.robertwalters.com.au/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/logo.gif
Our client are an services organisation who have offices Victoria wide with their headquarters in Melbourne in the North. They are seeking an Assistant Accountant to join them on a 6 month contract with the possibility of a permanent role thereafter. This organisation is renowned across the industry for their level and quality of service. You will be joining a large finance team of 50+ people. Suffice to say there is plenty of scope for growth and movement within this team. They are currently undergoing a large scale transformation and require a strong Assistant Accountant to help with a range of accounting tasks related to the project.
You will support the finance team leader on an ad-hoc basis, assisting with a range of tasks related to the project.
- Balance sheet reconciliations
- Inter-company reconciliations and credit card statements
- Assistance with month-end processing and reporting
- Documentation of processes
- Building and maintaining relationships with existing stakeholders
- Ad-hoc project support for various finance initiatives to streamline current processes
- Degree in Accounting or other relevant discipline
- Minimum of 2 years relevant Accounts experience
- Studying towards CA / CPA is highly regarded
- Intermediate Excel skills required
- Friendly, can-do attitude with excellent interpersonal skills
This role offers an excellent career progression opportunity for an experienced Accounts Officer or Grad Accountant.
Ideally you will be available immediately or within a week's notice.