Assistant Accountant | Progressive Law Firm
Salary AUD65,000 - AUD75,000 per annum
Location Sydney CBDFULL_TIME
Consultant Nicklaus Liew
Date posted 31 May 20192019-05-31 2019-06-30 accountancy Sydney CBD New South Wales AU 2000 AUD 65000 75000 75000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.au https://www.robertwalters.com.au/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/logo.gif
Opportunity for an Assistant Accountant to join a global firm with consistent upward growth backed by a solid leadership team.
This progressive law firm has over 40 offices throughout the globe and has been one of the fastest growing firms in the last decade. They have been backed by solid performances in their respective verticals and are poised for further growth in the region.
Reporting to the Finance Manager, you will play an integral role in assisting the finance operations for the business across Australia.
- Assist with the balance sheet reconciliation, month-end processes and reporting
- Support the Finance Manager in the preparation of the yearly budgets & forecasts
- Oversee and maintain fixed asset register
- Assist with preparation of BAS, FBT & payroll tax returns
- Take lead in the maintenance of the trust & controlled money accounts
- Support the AP function where required.
- At least 2 years of solid accounting/finance experience ideally from a legal or professional services firm
- Highly numerate & analytical with excellent attention to detail
- Self-motivated with good interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively across all levels
- Demonstrate high levels of initiative and enthusiasm
- Prior experience in Elite or similar practice management systems is highly desirable.
As this is a permanent role, applicants will need to have full working rights for this position.
To apply please click apply or call Nicklaus Liew on +61 2 8289 3244 for a confidential discussion.