Payroll Officer- One month in Ballarat
Salary Attractive Package
Consultant Emily Armstrong
Date posted 13 June 20181 Farrer place Sydney 2000 Robert Walters Australia
The position is dedicated to providing information and clearing recommendations and instructions for outstanding legacy reconciliation items. Working closely with the Payroll Operations team and others, in order to investigate and close the list of outstanding items. This one month contract role is an immediate start role with a pay rate of $30-40 per hour + super depending on experience.
- Complete detailed reconciliations of outstanding legacy items against the payroll system, against bank files, the relevant GL accounts and bank accounts
- Provide clear and concise background on the items, determining the root cause(s) behind items remaining outstanding
- Collate information on outstanding items in Excel spreadsheets, in an easily auditable format
- Provide recommendations to payroll management for clearing items, with a foundation in payroll compliance and risk
- Identify key compliance issues in consultation with Payroll management
- Apply and develop understanding of payroll compliance as it relates to legacy items
- Maintain a dashboard on outstanding items
- Use this dashboard to communicate progress on outstanding items to key business stakeholders
- Provide detailed status on all outstanding items, with percentage completion on more complex items
- Experience in a similar payroll position or a position that has payroll as a component of the role
- Exemplary written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong decision-making skills.
- Ability to communicate with all levels within the organisation including Senior and Executive Management
- Intermediate working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
- There is a sense of urgency for this temp opportunity. As such, candidates with immediate availability or up to 1 week notice period are encouraged to apply.
To apply please click apply or call Emily Armstrong on +61 3 86282186 for a confidential discussion.