Salary AUD56,000 - AUD64,000 per annum + extras
Consultant Hamish Smith
Date posted 4 July 20181 Farrer place Sydney 2000 Robert Walters Australia
This organisation has recently undergone significant organic growth and as a result now has capacity for a number of new positions within the payroll department. The nature of the industry and company as a non for profit amounts to an excellent working environment for all employees. As the Payroll Officer your duties and responsibilities have a real effect on company performance and moral.
As the Payroll Officer you will work within a medium to large sized team and be responsible for a payroll of circa 450 employees. This role reports into the Payroll Manager and work within the organisation's Hunter Region Head Office. Onsite parking is not provided.
- As the Payroll Officer you will be responsible for end to end high volume processing of company payrolls (weekly, fortnightly and/or monthly)
- Maintaining leave, sickness and overtime reports
- Interpreting awards/agreements and contracts in relation to overtime and shift allowances
- Payroll reporting to meet internal and statutory obligations
- General payroll administration
- Calculation and processing of termination payments
- Processing increases and calculation of back pays
- Reconciliation and payment of payroll and group tax
- High volume full function payroll experience is essential
- Experience within a manual payroll environment is a must
- Knowledge of a large payroll software is required
This is a unique opportunity to join a company that is present in the everyday life of many individuals across Australia.
To apply please click apply or call Hamish Smith on 02 8423 1006 for a confidential discussion.