Salary Attractive hourly rate
Location Inner Suburbs MelbourneCONTRACTOR
Consultant Raquel Mancini
Date posted 13 March 2019 2019-03-132019-04-07 accountancy Melbourne Victoria Williamstown Road AU 3207 AUD 30 35 35 HOUR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.au
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Payroll Officer to join a leading national business on an initial 3 month contract based in Port Melbourne.
About the Payroll Officer position:
The Payroll Officer position is responsible for the payroll function across the Victorian business responsible for providing efficient and effective payroll services to around 400 staff.
- Timely processing of fortnightly payrolls to ensure that the payroll system reflects accurately
- Collecting, calculating and entering data in order to maintain and update payroll information.
- Ensure all new starters and terminations to include complex redundancies are actioned correctly.
- Accurate administration of all employee details to include base pay rates, allowances, deductions, superannuation, Taxation and leave entitlements.
- Based on what leave requests are entered, ensure they are administered and processed correctly to accurately reflect the employee entitlements for annual leave, sick/personal leave and LSL.
- Administer employment status changes to ensure employment records are accurate and up to date.
- Ensure compliance with the relevant Agreements, Awards, EBA’s, Taxation, Superannuation, WorkCover and any other legislation.
To be successful in this position you will have at least 3+ years end-to-end payroll experience working in a fast-paced environment. You will also be a self-starter and be able to work autonomously, and any exposure to Preceda or Kronos would be an advantage.