Group Payroll Manager
Salary Competitive remuneration package
Location Rose ParkFULL_TIME
Consultant Tom Moore
Job Ref 1621070/001
Date posted 21 July 2022adelaide accountancy-finance/payroll 2022-07-21 2022-08-20 accountancy Rose Park South Australia AU Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.au https://www.robertwalters.com.au/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
About Thomas Foods International
Family owned since 1988, Thomas Foods International is South Australia’s largest food processing business, with operations in all channels of the livestock supply chain and a reputation for delivering the highest quality meat and seafood produce.
With a new head office in Adelaide (Rose Park) and a global network of offices across China, USA, Europe and Japan, Thomas Foods International has the capabilities to produce to over 85 countries worldwide.
About the Group Payroll Manager
The Group Payroll Manager is responsible for overseeing Thomas Foods International’s (‘TFI’) payroll function to ensure the accurate and timely processing of payroll expenses, and the calculation and payment of employee superannuation, entitlements, benefits and taxes. The role requires an intimate and conversant knowledge of relevant industry awards, enterprise agreements, payroll-related tax legislation, as well as a sound understanding of contemporary payroll systems and best practices.
Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer Australia, the position is responsible for the supervision and management of a team of Payroll Officers and the development, implementation and review of payroll systems, policies, procedures and practices. The individual will closely collaborate with all segments of the business, specifically with Finance, Human Resources and external parties to provide payroll services, support and reporting functionality to the Group.
The key responsibilities and duties:
- Manage the payroll function, services and activities; supervise Payroll Officers; provide effective leadership and direction to the payroll team to ensure the efficient and effective delivery of payroll services with a strong customer service focus; provide operational guidance and technical expertise and support on all payroll related matters
- Monitor and continuously review payroll functionality to ensure all services and activities are accurate, timely, and compliant with relevant awards, agreements and legislation; manage and/or participate in payroll and tax audit activity.
- Ensure the accurate calculation, payment and reconciliation of employee entitlements, PAYG tax, superannuation contributions, and termination payments; validate payroll system calculations (including income tax withheld and superannuation contributions)
- Performs end of month and end of financial year tasks including reporting to accounts and submitting accurate end of year totals for payroll tax and Workcover levy remuneration and reconciliation
- Prepare and run payroll reports for HR, Finance, management and business areas; including ad hoc reports as required
- Analyse data and information relating to workforce statistics and payroll activities, prepare and submit reports to HR, Finance, and management to inform business decision making.
- Contributes to the development, review and continuous improvement of payroll systems, policies, procedures, and practices.
The key qualifications, experience and skills required:
- Certificate IV in Payroll Administration, Diploma of Payroll Services, or Diploma of Payroll Management and/or minimum experience below.
- Demonstratable experience as a Payroll Manager in a large or complex organisation
- Proven experience dealing with government authorities and regulatory bodies including ATO, Centrelink, Child Support Agency, workers’ compensation authorities and superannuation providers.
- Proven ability to interpret awards, agreements and legislation and apply requirements in the Payroll Function
- Proven ability to multi-task and work effectively under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Proven ability to establish, build and maintain effective working relationships, and to interact with others in a positive and constructive manner at all times
- Demonstratable people management and interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Superior analytical and financial skills
- Superior time management, planning and organisational skills
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples are encouraged to apply.
To apply please click apply or call Tom Moore on 08 8216 3516 for a confidential discussion.