Snr Project Accountant
Salary AUD120,000 - AUD140,000 per annum
Location North PerthFULL_TIME
Consultant Clint Davies
Date posted 22 November 2018 2018-11-222018-12-22 accountancy 1 Farrer place Sydney 2000 Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.au https://www.robertwalters.com.au/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/logo.gif
This Snr Project Accountant will manage and maintain all projects across the business unit ensuring all project control systems, reporting, cost control and forecasting is documented and implemented as required. In this role you will work closely with Project managers, operational teams, procurement and corporate office. This will be a standalone role in WA reporting into the Finance Director located in the Eastern states.
- Liaise with engineering, operations and service providers to ensure appropriate control systems are in place
- Establish key performance indicators to benchmark project performance
- Report on project progress as required WIP, particularly forecast cost and delivery schedule performance
- identifying opportunities for reduction in overall project costs and schedules in consideration of time and resources implications
- Manage contractor claims, performance, variations and extensions, and in the resolution of contract disputes
- Conduct specific financial analysis for proposals and projects
- Assist with the following as required:
- Preparation of annual budgets, causal analysis and other group reporting requirements, review of working capital management together with funding / security arrangements
- Analysis of accounts and investigate variances from budget expenditure
- Extensive experience in project account and cost control for a national / international business in the construction / engineering sector
- CA/CPA or CIMA Qualified
- Advanced user of Microsoft Office suite of software
- Strong financial acumen and business partnering stakeholder management skills
- Exposure to Sage 300 is highly desirable
- Familiar with Primavera P6 or Microsoft Project project planning software for scheduling / project control
- Experience with Sarbanes Oxley
This is an excellent opportunity to join a growing business who provide construction and maintenance to the freight rail industry, work / life balance and a generous salary is on offer.
To apply please click apply or call Clint Davies on 08 9266 0900 for a confidential discussion.