Project Reporting Manager
Salary AUD120,000 - AUD140,000 per annum
Consultant Vikram Sharma
Date posted 27 March 20192019-04-08 2019-04-26 accountancy Sydney New South Wales AU 2000 AUD 120000 140000 140000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.au
The Project Reporting Manager based in Sydney CBD will lead business partnering efforts across large projects. Managing a small team, this role is reponsible for supporting a large ERP project in regards to budgeting and reporting. The role is highly accountable for delivery against all aspects a 5 year strategic plan.
Key responsibilities for the Project Reporting Manager role:
• Develop and prepare monthly management reports with key reporting metrics and presentation
• Track performance against strategic goals, business plans and budgets and work with the Leadership team to develop programs, initiatives and actions for the delivery
• Identify and track key underlying performance trends and risks areas including maintaining suitable financial models
• Build a strong understanding of the fixed and variable costs (& drivers) within the business and undertake unit cost analysis and benchmarking to compare cost bases.
• Present analysis to Business managers and work with them to identify opportunities and corrective actions.
• Manage the completion of the Management report information to Board and Group ensuring all requirements have been adhered to
• Support the Planning process for the Business, including the pre-planning, timetables, templates, models and instructions.
• Assist the Stakeholder Reporting and Analysis Manager and Senior Manager, Planning and Analysis in establishing budget guidelines.
• Review and challenge the major Projects on key budget assumptions and adverse cost positions.
• Assist Project and leadership team with Capital Expenditure planning, ensuring that any major deviations to the previous plans are reasonable and adequately explained required corrective measures are formulated.
• Assist in managing the submission of the budget to Board and Group ensuring all requirements have been adhered to.
• Proactively streamline planning and key business processes
• Providing analysis and delivering insight that links financial reports to business strategies
• Prepare and/or review project reporting for the Project Stage Directors
• Support Project billing, both RMS and inter-group
• Support and ensure transparency in the change and contingency management process
• Manage post implementation reviews for capital expenditure projects (including co-ordination of reviews, sharing of learnings and management of actions)
• Manage business side for all project accounting reporting and budgeting matters as part of the ERP transition.
• Lead the process for project accounting reporting and budgeting matters as part of the ERP transition
• Supervise one direct report
Key required experience for Project Reporting Manager role includes:
• Tertiary qualifications and understanding of accounting, procurement and investment finance
• 5+ years of experience and prior exposure to project accounting, major construction projects and D&C contracting models
• Ability to understand business operations, key value drivers, risks and opportunities and translate these into accounting results
• Experience with ERP system Workday will be highly regarded
• Advanced Excel skills
• Forecasting and budgeting skills and the ability to identify and analyse key business drivers
• High level of accuracy and attention to detail
• Flexibility and ability to meet deadlines
• Excellent oral, written communication and interpersonal skills
To apply please click apply or call Vikram Sharma on +61 2 82893186 for a confidential discussion.